View Single Post
Old 2007-08-19, 13:38   Link #65
Reppa

Send a message via MSN to Reppa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leedizzle View Post
I've seen currently the 20th episode of Claymore and read the most recently translated chapter of the manga. As for plot and character, I would not say that Claymore is any more or less driven by those elements then any other show.

Spoiler for About Clare's weakness:
Isn't that kind of like saying she is only strong when she maxing herself out. Or better yet its like saying she is only strong when she she has awakened apart of herself. Meaning she went from having a toy pop gun(normal) to a WWII M-24 Tank(Awaken). If thats is the case then she is week just because she has to go over her limit to take on anything.

Quote:
I suppose you can say she is strong now because she has regained a greater scope of her human side because of Raki and through that she gained valuable allies and skills through those allies.

Who is to say that Clare we have seen that is smart enough to analyze and breakdown her abilities and skills to constantly improve herself would not have done the same if she never met Raki. Without really feeling emotional attachment to another living being, she could have gotten far stronger because she would not have to think out the situations she would be involved and the methods she would use because that emotional baggage is not there.
As things currently stand Raki has a better chance accomplishing Clare's goals. The only thing Clare has proven is that she is focuses only on ether killing Priscilla to avenge Teresa or being killed by Priscilla and joining Teresa. In that case she is a week character mentally and physically, because she can't even get to Priscilla's level without awakening. Reason why Raki is a better character than Clare.

Quote:
The need to protect someone I believe especially in what I envision as a sisterly/motherly relationship between Raki and Clare is strong. Raki helping Clare find herself again probably led Clare down the road of being half awoken which led to an increase in her combat abilities and also the long road which led her getting the technique Flash Sword from Irene as well as some body parts.
Getting Irene's Flash sword was like taking steroids. As well as an act of pity from Irena. Irene came out and said she will never be anything close to her and this is proven in time and time again when Clare has to awaken just to keep up.

Quote:
I believe the need to avenge especially someone who you saw as a savior, someone who was also going through what you were going through, a best friend, a motherly figure is equal if not greater then the strength that Clare gets because of Raki's influence.
Raki was never in the same position as Clare once was. Clare never rejected Raki at any point.
Spoiler for the reall Raki:

Quote:
Instead of being focused on a single goal, she now juggles two. Where as if she had one, which should have been to avenge Theresa in any way possible, you could have seen a cold, merciless Clare who was most likely at that point a sociopath who could have just as well been as strong as the Clare we know if not stronger because all this Clare would have is the singular desire, which is to kill Priscilla.
Once again the story hints harder that Raki will end up getting revenge for Clare before she gets it herself. But its always nice to keep an open idea.