View Single Post
Old 2007-12-06, 11:52   Link #114
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Actually, you are incorrect in thinking that I said I thought you downrated it because of SD. I said I thought you downrated it because of the black blood, which you yourself just specifically said is one of the reasons. I'm sorry you don't like it when animators use different colors for blood to do what they think will help avoid real people being killed in real life by loony otakus who take their anime way too seriously.

On the side, a few other glaringly odd things in there I see: Point 1, in large quantities yes, but in small portions such as this case, how so? And even if that were true, the show isn't about violence in the first place, it was to set up drama. Point 3, isn't that what happens when people go into a psychotic episode? Point 4, why do they have to? Point 5, what happened to the knife that Shuri was using to peel the apples? It's not like the kids tossed it out the window when they were done with it.

You're free to not like what you don't like, but don't make it out to be a sacrilege.
Oh, in that case there's nothing wrong. I think black blood is weird, and it made the episode unnatural, hence the reason for downrating. I don't think it really matters what the reasoning behind it is. I'm not going to overlook the fact and rate it higher because of the circumstances. Was there a reason for it? Yes. Will I give it a 9 because of the circumstances? No. I didn't like it, I wouldn't give it a higher score.

The violence is just my personal preference. I don't like violence against other humans in a romance. If you do, that's great. If it's common, that's great. Again, I don't like violence in a romance, and I am not going to uprate an anime just because it is commonplace. Especially since I don't feel like there was much build up. It was just a few flashes of grandma in other episodes, but not enough to call it build up. There also was very little mention about her insanity, as it was just shown in two flashes.
And yes, I know it was the knife. But all you see is grandma standing there like a tiger standing upright, no knife in hand. She doesn't even go to the table with the knife, she just goes over to the thermostat.

If you can tell, I rate based off of personal preference, based on how I liked the episode. I don't rate using the standards of others, or by what is commonplace.