View Single Post
Old 2008-05-22, 20:24   Link #1263
orangejuicetang

Quote:
Isn't the major difference between the United States of Japan and the Special Administration Zone the absence of Britannia Empire rule?

Why would Zero and the Black Knights fight to rid themselves of Britannia empirical rule, and then subjugate themselves back under it?

The USJ and the SAZ being similar makes no sense.
I think that he means that the rules/idea of USJ and SAZ being similar. Like Zero and the Black Knights fight to get rid out Britannia rule, and then set up a system that will be very similar to the SAZ and called it the USJ.
Quote:
-Not true. He could have chosen to become a political figure like Marin Luther king and proceed with his plans that way. Instead he chose to serve a foreign military power without a second thought, a plan that doomed his "I don't want to kill people" speech. We know that Honorary Britanians gain more rights as civilians so why not try being a "peaceful revolutionary"?
False. Being a peaceful revolutionary won't work agianst Britannia. First, the country must have a free press that can report both the pro-government side and the anti-government side, and I have a feeling that if somebody tried non-violent protests, it wouldn't make the news. Second, the country must be a democratic country in which there must be a branch that represnts the will of the people similar to Congress or Parliment, and Britannia is a monarchy with the emperor holding absolute authority. Looking at history, the two most influential peaceful revolutionaries were Martin Luther King Jr. and Gandhi. However, the countries they were protesting agianst, the United States and Britian respectively both had democratic governments and free presses by then, and gave in due to moral outrage being bad for the political party in control. And as much as I love them, I doubt that would acieved the same kind of success if they were in, say USSR under Stalin.
Quote:
-Point? Like being in the military as a traitorous dog is any better. That way he can be killed off by his comanders as well as his own people.
I'm guessing that you probably hate FMA as well, since the philosophy of the main character is that to reach his goal, he would give up his pride and become, in his words, "a dog of the military"
orangejuicetang is offline   Reply With Quote