Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2009-05-18, 06:36   Link #2616
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by danin8r44 View Post
Because the Phillipe president is sort of a US flirt, the US might get involved here. Much like it did in Taiwan, and the US has a wealth of aircraft carriers. Besides China has a few more pressing issues to deal with currently. I think the issue of ownership of these islands will be left in the air for a while, or at least until someone explores the seabed more and finds real oil reserves.

The biggest draw for these islands, from what I understand, isn't the islands at all but the relatively large exclusive economic zone that the sea would provide. The water is valuable for a high probability of containing an undetermined amount of oil and natural gas. So they have a relatively large potential value.
Which means that another place on earth becomes a perfect superweapon test site. Lovely. People need to learn how to share or leave things alone. I am for turning that place into a nature reserve or scorched earth.

US's Carrier 5th Fleet is always ready to strike, but with China's new equipment, it could end up as a naval stalemate.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.