View Single Post
Old 2010-06-12, 08:59   Link #1056
Rajura
My wolfu is >> your waifu

Here's what was done...

To hopefully expand the reader base, the publisher released a "Westernized"/non-manga art cover. There was a major outcry against this, so they printed the original art as a dust jacket.
This was released in Yen's magazine (with bad folding... i.e. folds not where they should be to cover the book properly). Some online retailers were also given a supply of books and dust jackets to sell. I know Right Stuf was among those, however, I do not know if they would have any left at this point. In fact, I don't know if any retailers would have any more with the dust jacket... hope I'm wrong.
Of course, the best was to rectify the issue would be to reprint the book with the original art as the cover and use the "Westernized" version as the dust jacket... sales appear to have been strong enough to merit it, but oh well.

Fortunately, after such an outcry, Volume 2 and supposedly all subsequent are to be released with the original art cover and a "Westernized" dust jacket.

And anyway, just remember, Holo is the way it's really spelled according to the creator. So, at least they did their research when doing the names.

Hope that helped!