View Single Post
Old 2013-02-03, 07:11   Link #129
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qilin View Post
Here's the thing: manufacturing weapons takes machinery and materials that have to be gathered from all sorts of places. Anyone bearing an intention of the sort would instantly be detected by the scanners. Take note that while there are blind spots in the scanning network, it is virtually impossible to go from one part of town to another without passing at least one scanner. It's an impractical venture; hence, simpler tools like molotov cocktails are preferred.
I'm not sure I totally buy that. Not with how Rina's pro democratic rock star group has been able to move about tossing molotov cocktails at things. If crime coefficient readings were that effective at picking up malcontents, I don't see why they'd have needed Yayoi's help in trying to find out who they were.

Certainly you'd need some kind of immunity if you were gonna try something on the scale that Makishima tried, i.e, manufacturing HUNDREDS of high tech pieces of electronic equipment and distributing them to a large group of people. But if you wanted to make something more low tech than that when you should have access to mail order parts (people with crime coefficient seem to be able to hide it by staying at home) and 3D printing?

For a potential dissident, there's too much hypothetical payoff to not try this kind of stuff.
Quote:
Now this one doesn't hold much water because we've had little to no information as to how this society interacts with other societies, so the most we can make on this tangent is a lot of ungrounded assumptions.
We know there are *border security drones*, that are implied to be armed with lethal weapons. This almost automatically makes the assumption that this society can conceive of the danger of foreign threats. And frankly? Assuming that SOMEBODY in the world doesn't like you seems like a pretty good bet when you consider that the history of the world can be simplified down to this.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

"HEY! Somebody might not like us!" is hardly an ungrounded assumption.
Quote:
In fact, considering the sort of society this is, I wouldn't be surprised if it was extremely careful as to the kinds of information that goes into public awareness, and as a result create a strong resistance against foreign influence.
what does that even mean in relation to what I said? Are you trying to imply that Japan in Psychopass doesn't engage in international trade? Or that thinking down on the foreigner ideas confers an invulnerability against bullets?

Frankly those are MUCH bigger assumptions than anything I've come up with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Izayoi View Post
If the input data is completely cut off then how would it be possible to tell if he/she is wearing a helmet?
Facial recognition software

This is completely independent of something like a psycho-pass scan. All a robot would need to rely on is its normal optics and sensors. If the facial recognition software is good enough to identify one humans face from another, then identifying such a conspicuous looking helmet is relatively trivial.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyTitan View Post
If kogami and Akanes friend not been killed would we be calling Maki evil I think not.
Yes....yes we would...cause those aren't the only people Maki has killed, or has been an accomplice to having killed.

"If a murderer never murdered anybody he wouldn't be a murderer" is about the most intellectually worthless idea I've heard all week.