View Single Post
Old 2013-01-04, 05:32   Link #121
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
In what way would Araragi be superior to Hitagi? I'm guessing a number of events led you to that conclusion, but I can't remember any particular instance of him showing any type of superiority over Hitagi, nor him alluding at such a thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
No... I don't think Koyomi is superior to Hitagi. It was Hitagi who asked him out and pushed him for an answer. In almost every single banter they have, Koyomi is pulled along her pace.

I think the bigger problem is that Tsubasa is incapable of expressing her emotions. There's no way Koyomi can have a relationship based on emotions like love with a person who bottles away every emotion she has. It was mentioned more than once how the way she reacts to her family was repulsive and revolting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
^ Likewise. For every exchange, very rarely does Koyomi become a tsukkomi. He's always the boke.

IIRC, the best example of an emotion Tsubasa can portray is— ah, darn it. Neko Black really destroyed Tsubasa's credibility in portraying true emotion. Now, I have to wonder if the smiles and giggles she had portrayed in Bake ever had a hint of sincerity... or all of those are "logical responses to a particular stimulus".

If those emotions are actually true, then is it possible that Koyomi was the only one who was able to make her "human" again?
Unfortunately, as she sorts out her feelings for Koyomi, the infamous "fall from grace the stairs" scene happened, and she lost all of her chances to get Koyomi's affection.
Koyomi is immortal, stronger, desired by half a dozen girls, has a functional relationship with all his family, a big bro (->Oshino), and is always capable of resolving any impossible problem "thrown" at him without resorting to the help of others... all these from Hitagi's perspective, who has to resort in RPing the dominant member of the couple to balance things out in their relationship, because unlike every other character she has no confidence in herself, and is the only "normal" one (at least as far as I have read, which isn't all that much).

As for examples, the start of Nise- when he interrupted her silly game to check on his family... another is the end of TV-Bake- where not only read through her proposition, but also was a turning point in their relationship, because he took over the initiative again from her.

I can see why most think Hitagi is driving the relationship, but that is just on the surface.
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote