Thread: Manga VS Anime!
View Single Post
Old 2004-05-21, 10:56   Link #16
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Originally Posted by raikage
If you're comparing a series that has already ended, then you can fly through the manga, while you're stuck at whatever pace the animators decide to give you.
Actually that's not so, you can easilly skip to the part you wanna see, I often rewatch certain episodes and skip the less interesting pieces, Naruto for example, just skip the chat and get straigth to the action.

Quote:
The manga is closer to the vision of the creator. The anime is an adaptation.
This all depends : Most anime are adapted from popular manga but the other way around exists as well, in essence the anime came first and then the manga. And then there is anime which is adapted from games so no manga exists (but I believe they weren't meant to be a part of the poll so I'll leave those aside)

Quote:
The anime has music and you can actually assign voices to the faces.
this can either be a good point and a bad point depending on the fact if you like the voices/music or not. personally I love imagining what they ppl in manga would sound like and sometimes i'm really dissapointed with the anime. Also if I see an anime before reading the manga, I feel I'm losing alot of freedom in the image/personality of the characters I create in my mind, since that allready been set by the anime.

Quote:
I like both, but I prefer manga.
I fully 100% agree with you on this one
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote