View Single Post
Old 2011-12-10, 22:06   Link #127
Xagzan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FritzC View Post
Probably will watch this just because its "Avatar" but as a rule, I CANNOT STAND it when a new series is done in the same world but without the original characters. I mean really, we didn't get to see anything about what happened after the Firelord (whatever he was, forgot already) was defeated. Nothing about Zuko's mother (I was just getting to understand and perhaps even like Zuko when the show ended), how the nations that hated each other came to terms, how air benders would be brought back, or other loose ends. I feel there was too much going on when the ATLA ended and instead of a new cast of characters, the old ones should have been brought back.

Every time I've read a book, watched a movie, or seen a show where a reoccurring world has had different sets of characters, the end result is BAD. Why go through developing the first characters if you're just going to drop them in the end?
The first of the sequel comics, which are canon and are supervised by Mike and Bryan in some capacity, is being released in February.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FritzC View Post
Just thought of something else, if this is supposed to be 100 years after the Gaang, how did society develop to the point of having steampunk cities? When we last saw them, the world consisted of villages with a few ridiculously primitive cities scattered in. Hand pulled carts were the norm, now we're expected to believe that airships and the like are common?
Technically 70 years, but Craymel is still right.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote