View Single Post
Old 2013-01-30, 16:16   Link #31804
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomAvatarFan View Post
As far as the fact that Natsuhi's gun was never loaded... wow, that wasn't anything I've ever expected. And I thought the VNs did confirm what Rudolf's "I will be killed tonight." meant.
The gun not being loaded is easy to imagine in one of two scenarios:
  • Natsuhi is an accomplice. Beatrice gave her the gun to boost her authority and ability to control survivors, and to ensure she was fearless when threatening people (since she couldn't follow through, so no one was at risk). But of course she wasn't foolish enough to load it for her. This makes Natsuhi's final act seem like deliberate suicide though, as she'd know or at least suspect she's going to be killed.
  • Natsuhi is not an accomplice. We know Beatrice controls access to the guns. If she left guns in the study for appearances' sake, she probably would've been smart enough not to leave any ammo. Natsuhi found the gun but couldn't find ammunition for it, so she's bluffing the whole time. Thus her confrontation with Beatrice may have been intended to bluff her as well, unaware that Beatrice was the one who ensured there wasn't any ammo accessible.
EDIT: Or in the alternative, Natsuhi could have loaded the gun and deliberately chose not to. I suppose that's also possible.
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote