View Single Post
Old 2009-07-12, 12:00   Link #182
Cullinan

In my opinion, Lost Canvas anime must achieve a moderate success.
First, I hope that the new saga will restore the true essence of Saint Seiya we knew in Sanctuary Arc, and redeem the awful mistakes in Hades Inferno and Elysion.
Now, If it lives up to our expectations, it will be wonderful to all of us fans and stay true to the Manga and it will end gracefully.
But if it achieves a big success, the producers will want to milk the cash cow, that is, they will extend the episodes by adding meaningless stories and delays so as not to reach the ending. Just look at what happened to Naruto, the first 100 episodes were very good, but after that the story kept going on and on and on....with no point whatsoever, simply because they know there are many fans still watching.
Don't get me wrong, but the first 50 episodes of Saint Seiya (the original) weren't so much important, it was with the encounter of the gold Saints that the true Cosmos began to burn in our hearts. And the Asgard and Poseidon Saga also were overrated and were produced for the sole purpose to make diehard fans buy SS figurines and toy cloths (sorry...but that's the truth, although some Asgard characters were unforgettable and very charismatic.)
The Hades Sanctuary could've been better, but it was good nonetheless.
To wrap it up, I just hope that the new Saga will stick true to the legend of Saint Seiya and that they animated the vision of a dream, not some lousy cartoon to make us buy their DVDs and products. In other words, we are believers of a legend, not money makers(Yes...I'm talking to you Kurumada).
Cullinan is offline   Reply With Quote