View Single Post
Old 2007-10-18, 15:41   Link #91
Gooral
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri
If they awaken then cannot get stronger anymore, so it would be a waste to force 2 interesting science projects to awaken when they could potentially grow stronger. I also doubt Riful would enjoy having any potential rivals in power, as it would threaten her own standing as " The Queen."
I wouldn't be so sure about that (unless You meant only youki level). As for Riful, I think that she has never considered Clare, Galatea or Jean as a threat, she was so overwhelmingly stronger and she could sense their youki level quite well (only Clare is special and her power is still a mystery) so allowing them to grow wouldn't threaten her (or so she thought).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flar View Post
As for potential, I think it can change. Something like: Heat a metal bar and stretch it, it has a limit beyond which it breaks, but stop stretching a bit before it breaks, hammer it, cool it and then do it again, and you can go further than the original breakpoint.
"Quench" is like training and potential isn't changing it's "potential" because it's still steel - it just reached maximum of it's toughness after receiving special treatment. You can't quench steel more than once (I think, I'm not physicist). If sth doesn't have "potential" than quenching won't work. When someone is improving his skills then it means he hasn't reached his peak yet, not that he awakened his hidden unnatural potential or he somehow "gained potential".