View Single Post
Old 2011-12-12, 18:02   Link #75
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Quote:
If the federation doesn't exist the Diva wouldn't exist. Thus the federation exists. The stations are much more independent then what we usually consider a federation however. But since they are so far apart that's not an unrealistic state of affairs. They also have no choice but to manage themselvs, feed themselvs and so on, from the looks of things, so unlike something like an earth federation there's very little the federation has to do...
Where did you learn this? Did you learn this watching Gundam AGE, what episode? What time-code? What Federation character mentioned this?

Ohhhhh, this is just what you think based on a severe lack of context clues to rationalize the fact the show has given you almost nothing to go on in this area...

Well that's what I'm doing too...
Well it wasn't explicitly mentioned but we do know the Federation created the Diva (hence first two sentences). We also know that Nora was pretty much self sustainable from the little clues at it's design we got, how the centeral beam thing was a greenhouse/lifesupport thing and also how there is/was very little ship traffic. If it wasn't self sustainable there should have been ships flying around it all day, just like trucks go around your average city; yet we really didn't see any of that. The core thing is also pretty damn giagantic. The rest is merely an hypothesis based on that. Don't get the wrong idea, I'm not trying to convince you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
I'm all for mindless action, but give me good mindless action if that's all your giving me...I'm actually encouraging the show to just start showing it's a$$ and do awesome incredible superficial fighting, but it seems it can't even do that well...
Like I we keep telling you it's just not that kind of show. The action is more or less for the plot only. At least up until now. You'll just have to enjoy the "awesome incredible superficial" plot. Personally I enjoy's flint very unatural character when it come so fighting. The way he's all "pull knife and go for the throat, ask questions later" is kind of refreshing when most series just go for the super elite or crybaby motifs; or both. Anyway, any fighting is only as good as it's plot, so I wouldn't get my expectations too high, yet.