View Single Post
Old 2005-12-23, 16:13   Link #47
avmoghe

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness
avmoghe, long time no see...

Lmao For someone that thinks Gundam is pretty mediocre, you seem to have no problem owning and serving nearly every series ... I actually have gotten atleast 15 eps of Victory from you, I'd snag all your eps (on mx) if you'd open up the bandwidth a little bit ...3 and1/2 hrs per dl is killing me and your eps are better quality than the other sources I leech from...So help me out a little, up those kbs ...
Nice to hear from you as well. I have owned and served many series that I don't consider excellent. I'll refrain from further comment since this is hardly the place to discuss IRC anime distribution.

Quote:
Usually this is the point were I try to expose you for your views and mind-boggling rankings, but I remeber you well from a debate looooooong ago...You are the person that can't stand watching a series unless everything is wrapped up in a nice, TOTALLY UNDERSTANDABLE way...If I remember correctly you pretty much hate all series that leave endings up to interpretation of the veiwers or that finish with open-ended conclusions (which is funny since GS also ends a bit abrubtly without a clear sense of what happened after Kira's fight other than some background blather about treaties being signed)...So I can understand why you put such a mediocre spin on the Gundam franchise, because many of the series end without finite conclusions...Something I remember you telling me really bothers you (Zeta and CCA being the most glaring)...So I forgive your harshness and look to get more eps from you later, but can a brutha get atleast 25kbs per dl ??
Gundam Seed's ending was a bit abrupt, with little room for an epilogue. This was mended to some extent by the five minute special that followed, however. The debate we had a long time ago was about anime that never attempted to make concrete sense - along the lines of Evangelion or FLCL. Seed's ending hardly has the 'wtf just happened?' ambiguity of that sort.

As you've noted, Zeta and CCA endings do carry some of this ambiguity with their displays of newtype powers and spirits (though hardly to the levels of Evangelion). However, I will restate that I do not *hate* either of the shows. There are plenty of elements of both shows that I liked. Overall though, when compared with other anime, I still classify them as being average.

Last edited by avmoghe; 2005-12-23 at 16:31.
avmoghe is offline   Reply With Quote