View Single Post
Old 2012-07-14, 07:32   Link #1164
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craxuan View Post
Well actually, I didn't underestimate him, I'm just lining out his various conflicting desires. He clearly learned from his VR experiences that being Solo would not solve everything. To throw away what he has now in pursuit of his own selfish desires would make him no better than Oberon or Kayaba, and he doesn't want that.

The entire SAO story was one happy ending after another, so it's expected that he'll turn back before jumping off the cliff lol... though if it was I he would've jumped off the cliff and murder someone along the way muhahahahahahhahahahahahha
Actually, it's one "Earn your Happy Ending" after another.

It could be that he fears ending up like Oberon or Kayaba, in his attempt to follow their footsteps and find out what drove at least that nobly charismatic Heartcliff to perform that atrocity that scarred both him and Asuna for life.

I think without SAO, Kirito may well have become a "villainous" character, since I am of the view that he is a genius every bit the equal of Kayaba and possibly with quite a good deal in common in terms of basic character, and a certain disillusionment with reality before the events of SAO. Actually, there should be a for Want of a Nail Fanfic where Kirito becomes as evil as Kayaba, and jump off that figurative cliff you are talking about.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote