View Single Post
Old 2019-06-02, 21:12   Link #337
Yot-chan
Minmay Guard

Anyway, I got to go to both days of the Crossover Live. Unlike the last one, there was no “story” holding the concert together, but it was a wonderful show. Among other highlights, May’n and Megumi performed “Nyan Nyan Final Attack” and “Sayonara no Tsubasa” live for the first time ever. They also teased another Frontier concert.

Otherwise, the set lists were pretty representative (i.e. predictable) for each artist. The first night special guests were Haruka Chisuga from Macross 30, who sang “Planet Cradle,” and Hiroko Kasahara from Macross II who sang a duet of “Yakusoku” with May’n. On the second night, Kasahara was back, and sang “Mou Ichido Love You,” and Maaya Sakamoto sang “Triangler.”

The only other duets were at the beginning and the end. Day 1, Mari Iijima and Megumi sang “Shao Pai Long,” And Walküre joined Fire Bomber to sing “Dakedo Baby” And “Dynamite Explosion” (both of which were AWESOME). Day 2, Mari Iijima and Yoshiki Fukuyama sang the “Super Dimension Anthem 2009,” Chie Kajiura and Megumi sang “Aimo,” and May’n joined Walküre on “Ikenai Borderline.”

I’ll have a fuller report later.