View Single Post
Old 2011-12-28, 17:21   Link #43
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Pandemonium View Post
Speak for yourself, I found him very sympathetic at the end. I guess your Mileage May Vary on this one
Another example of Mileage May Vary
It's subjective and has to do with the reader's own morals. Because there are some that would see, doing whatever is required to help the one you love. As a sign of devotion and love. It's a romantic notion no matter how bad his actions were. Humans can be evil but, it depends on one's perceptions of evil. No matter how much he enjoyed it, it doesn't necessarily make him evil
Griko was an evil character. He decided to kill his wife on a whim.
Tousen put it best---
It depends on the reader's code of ethics, morals, and how much they're willing to forgive if they believe the reasons for character's motivation were valid ones.
Okay I’m not going to debate with you about moral relativism because first of all you’re 15 years old and clearly don’t know the hell you’re talking about, as evidenced by quoting Tousen which not only has nothing to do with moral relativism but also doesn’t actually make any frikking sense whatsoever (A prime example of the stupid pseudo-philosophical nonsense Kubo makes his characters spew), and second of all, I don’t even need to because you just monumentally screwed yourself over and here’s why: The manga clearly tried to make them look sympathetic. By basing that attempt on a YMMV moral premise is already a massive failure in itself and needlessly polarises the fan base on a tiny issue. If you’re going to try and make a character look sympathetic, it actually has to be based on something you can see is sympathetic. Otherwise it doesn’t work does it? If Kubo wanted to make it a YMMV thing then a way of doing that would be having characters argue over letting them go or not. It may not be the best way but it’s still better than nothing.

And fyi it’s best not to base your morals on a character that when batshit insane because of said morals (Of all the morals you could've picked you choose the one that Kubo isn't even trying to present as a good one?). In fact I’d recommend you stop reading Bleach altogether considering how much of an affect Kubo’s insane troll logic has had on your morals but I guess it’s too late for that.

Quote:
I think it's easier to edit your post
Not for me it isn’t.

1) He’s not a minor character: He’s the main antagonist of the arc and villain’s motives are pretty damn important. We know he wanted power but how do we know he just wanted to protect himself and others? It could’ve been that but it could’ve been anything else, including attacking Soul Society since he also told the other full bringers that he was going to change the world. We don’t know.

2) If we’re not supposed to care about Ginjou then why the sad sap bit from him whilst he was fighting? Why did he write crap like that if it was pointless? Waste more panels? He tried to make him look more sympathetic. And he failed.

3) Don’t need to know the minor details? Right yeah of course. Shit happens. Urahara made an ultimate omnipotent wish granting device that consquently drove the entire story and by sheer accident. No need to know how he managed to fucking do that. He just did. This is probably the biggest problem I have with Bleach. It’s skimpy on the details and that reflects poorly on Kubo’s ability to write a story. The best stories are those that pay a close attention to detail. Leaving out little details is like looking at a new but poorly made road with small and noticeable chips and potholes everywhere. You can tell the people who made that road are clearly not skilled or just didn’t bother. The little details matter. Plenty of authors don’t bother and that’s fair enough, but the sheer amount little details that Kubo can’t be arsed fixing is just unbelievable. The entire story is freaking littered with Handwaves. I'd also like to point out that we also don't know why Ginjou kept his Shinigami badge when he knew full well that it was being used to watch him and how he managed to get off Soul Societies radar when he still had the badge. Did he tamper with it? Then why didn't he also try and tamper with Ichigo to make sure they didn't find him through Ichigo? Is he a fucking moron or something?

Quote:
They're humans and it's not like they held the fate of the world in their hands. SS can't do much to them, because they weren't trying to end the world. As Rukia said "There job is to protect humans not punish them"
You know what’s a good way to protect humans? Capturing dangerous ones. Soul Society was willing to make an elaborate plan just to kill Ginjou. There no reason why they couldn’t have just captured the others. So what if they weren't trying to end the world? “Hey you see that hollow over there that’s eating that boy? Well it’s not like the world is going to end if we just let the hollow eat him. Let’s only deal with him when he’s eaten enough souls to be deemed a possible world ender.” – You see the problem? You don't think there should be a rule that says it's not okay for people to mindfuck others, attack people, cut people's arms off and steal their powers, even though there's a rule that says a Shinigami can't transfer her powers to a human? Can't do much to them? Are you serious? I'm sure capturing them and putting them on trial, at least to garner their intentions, is not asking for the unreasonable. It's like I said before - It's hard to empathise with characters that just seem to constantly act like they're completely out of touch with reality or any sort of common sense for that matter.

Quote:
Just like Starrk. You didn't actually see him die, but you know he died....
You mean just like Hallibel and Grimmjow? Oh wait...

Last edited by Haak; 2011-12-29 at 15:00.