View Single Post
Old 2009-08-09, 21:55   Link #857
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akka View Post
If the point of the arc was to be boring, then it's a completely stupid idea to begin with. You can rationalize it however you want, the very concept of "making a boring entertainment" is absurd by itself (especially for such a long period).

Much more interesting and keeping the idea is to give a feeling of despair and captitivity, which doesn't imply boredom. Seeing them actually TRYING but failing would keep the feeling of "we can't escape", but would at least make the show worthy of being watched.
I have to agree and say that Ithekro's idea definitely seems like barking up the wrong tree. Not only that, but the very idea of it being boring as the point doesn't register with me in the slightest. The entire point of entertainment and even art is to pique the interest of the person viewing it. If it were the purpose then it also would do nothing for the shows credibility. If one wanted to simulate boredom then there are many way to go about doing it where they wouldn't even have to watch the show.

I see no real point in making excuses for the show or it's producers as an element of defence for one's enjoyment of it. There's no real way to be objective about this as I think some have already pointed out. I think it's enough to just describe what we took from the arc good or bad and be confident enough in that as an explanation for it's existence. It should be about taking back the right to subjective opinion instead of giving it to the production side and getting caught up in what ifs and why nots.