View Single Post
Old 2008-07-05, 00:30   Link #82
DangerMouse

I remember liking the old OVA thanks to the awesomeness of Birdy so I thought going in I would enjoy this but they really exceeded my expectations.

I'll have to wait until there are subs to comment on the actual story but the animation side seriously delivered the goods, atleast for the first episode. Birdy's new design looks fantastic in motion and I love the colors used in the show especially for the special effects and tech. As noted earlier I too liked the interesting camera work. And the motion animation was really very nice with no shortcut stills and did some real justice to the action, so I really enjoyed Birdy's fight scenes.

The comedy of their interaction should be really fun, however I too hope that a large majority of most of the episodes focuses on Birdy, especially if the series really only goes 13 eps as she's the real star of the show and as a Science Fiction and action fan her part has always interested me more than the comedy.

If they can keep this up, I really do hope that the show will get to go beyond just 13 episodes, perhaps a full 26.

Last edited by DangerMouse; 2008-07-05 at 01:19.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote