Thread: Tipping
View Single Post
Old 2009-11-21, 15:13   Link #99
Nosauz

Tipping is not wrong, but tips need to be earned. If you ignore me while I dine, why should I give you money for not doing your job? Tipping is to promote service, to promote repeat business yet I guess i'm being "cheap" if I don't tip a douche who won't give me the time of day even though I'm paying 10 dollars for a burger. Get real. The most I ever tip ins 15% and even then I don't mind if the delivery guy is late, but I just find it frustrating that I have to remind you what your damn job is, you should be out there making the customer feel comfortble, if you can't do that then don't be a waiter/waitress. If you monetize everything and expect certain treatment then I shouldn't be wrong in expecting service for my tip. Do i get tipped for debugging? Hell no but I still do it, so don't pull this, servers deserve it because a tip is not a part of the bill, its a thank you for good service and pleasant experience.

ps. I've worked plenty of service jobs, the better you do them the more you make and the more repeat business you get. At the time I had a lawn care company for my neighbor and even though i was slower than the mexican crews my quality beat theres and I was contracted more often then them, its a fact, good service= good pay, thats the point of capitalism. If you don't understand go move to 1946 east germany please.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote