View Single Post
Old 2012-06-22, 18:31   Link #69
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
The 5 kages were not Senju, the 3rd was not Senju and he ruled for most of the time. The Senju doesn't even exist any more, and i think that should be explained by Kishimoto, i mean where the hell did the leading clan disappear.
The problem isn't that the Senju disappeared, it's that they never appareared in the first place. They obviously came as an afterthought in part 2 and were badly -or in fact not at all- implemented by the author. If it wasn't for Tobi we wouldn't even know they existed. Which obviously cause many problem story-wise.
As far as the reason for the rebellion I'm always surprised how the fact that the Uchiha were told to live in a compound at the outskirt of the village is completely overlooked as something not that important. There is a reason why population transfer is considered both a war crime and a crime against humanity now. Isolating a segment of a population is almost always the first move before pogrom and genocide. This decision alone justifies open revolt (althought there is no denying the Uchiha went about it so badly it's ridiculous).

In the other hand James I don't think just leaving was a realistic option. Without even going into the feasibility of deserting en masse Konoha it's not like they hadn't been at war with the rest of the world for generations. The idea that they had somehow a better chance in the foreign villages they had been fighting forever than in their own doesn't make much sense.
Secondly why would they leave in the first place? Konoha was their home, it makes more sense to overthrow the government screwing with you than taking your chance with your ennemies as your ex-comrades track you down.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote