View Single Post
Old 2007-09-02, 22:29   Link #47
Destinyblade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamachi View Post
Why are the newer gundams series (G, W, Seed, and possibly OO) so "fake"? Of course gundams are not real, but i meant fake in the sense that one gundam takes down numerous enemies without a scratch?
I haven't watched G Gundam in a while, but I don't think that show had many, if any, battles that featured one Gundam taking down multiple enemies in one attack like what SEED featured.

And the shows in which they featured this were successful, so the producers probably thought it was one of the ways to make Gundam shows very successful in both ratings and in merchandising. Whether you agree with that or not is up to you, but that's probably why it's implemented in the more recent Gundam shows.

Personally, I don't think having "overpowered" or "Godly" Gundams is really that bad, as long as it's done correctly. I think Gundam SEED did this very well. In SEED, the Freedom Gundam certainly had a ridiculous number of weapons equipped to it. But when it went into battle with the enemy Gundams in the second half of the series, it didn't take them out in a flash; as a matter of fact, it had a pretty hard time taking them on. And even though the grunt suits couldn't really do much when the Freedom Gundam came in, they were somewhat tough opponents in the first half of the show. It was only when SEED Destiny came in that I thought this wasn't done well at all. In Destiny, we saw both ZAFT and Terminal/Orb taking down hordes of mobile suits in an instant on a constant basis. It's okay if it's done once or a few times (and the fact that there is something out there that can rival the protagonists in power), but once it goes overboard, it gets really boring. And as for Wing... I haven't watched that series, so no comment from me on that show.

So yeah, I think that as long as it's correctly done, it should be okay. Although, of course, there'll be some who will disagree with me on this.
Destinyblade is offline   Reply With Quote