Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2009-09-25, 23:23   Link #4100
Cipher

I'm hoping this is exactly what its stated there. The problem with the news is that it doesn't include *those* people's other possible *motives* and other several "minor" problematic issues.

I'm also hoping that the continuing of the refueling mission won't end in failure. There are so many complexities here that its so hard for us to understand if its truly right or wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Hatoyama sounds more and more like a generic politician to me. No brains and only interested in fame.

The reason why US keeps an airbase in Okinawa and not another part of Japan is for strategic purposes.

Being cut off from the mainland means the airbase would be subjected to a less likely possibility of land invasion, and with sufficient anti-air and anti-ship defence, it is already considered well defended. Another thing is that it is both near to South Korea and Taiwan, allowing a force to be effectively projected into Taiwan or South Korea in an event of invasion from NK or China. Lastly, the noise pollution from the aircraft would be "isolated" from the general population.

Hatoyama wants Japan to recover from the decade-long recession, but he also needs to realise the strategic importance of Japan in East Asia, militarily. The world isn't just run by money.
Why does Hatoyama want Japan to recover from the decade-long recession? Doesn't he only value fame?