View Single Post
Old 2008-01-03, 19:57   Link #145
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by charizardpal View Post
Finally, the filler seems to be over. And now we've got a wind-user; probably the first Tomogoro to look dangerous since that Friag-something. The episode ends with a feeling of, "Oh crap!" there's a really big problem--a revived feeling of crisis that has been lacking in most of the Sn II episodes (except 10, with the silver fuzetsu.)

I already like this character; its a good thing Pheles didn't smile when she appeared because if she had, it would have looked silly and ruined the mood. She looks like a female Sephiroh... Its cool how that tornado even sends Shana flying...I love how there are bits of earth flying in the tornado, and how dust obscures her form. Unlike most of the other villians, she doesn't have the ridicolous smile plastered on her face--instead she looks calm, while Yuuji alone can see her through the blinding dust without blinking (since he's in the eye of the storm). Its just the two of them together while everything rages outside. By the way, they all had great costumes in this episode, especially Yuuji in his uniform. I'm looking forward to him wearing that 3 star General-esque uniform from the OP--when he does he'll finally stop looking like a pansy/weak semi-average school-kid (average except for the harlem of girls around him) who was caught up in events beyond his control! That plus the fuzetsu, and who he'll become...finally we'll have what this show has needed from the start of SN1: a strong protagonist!

I also love how her presence comes out in real time, in a crowd, without a fuzetsu! Wonder if we'll have some Sunny-dale syndrome after this...

The whole appearance was just as cool as in the OP where she's flying around slashing at the water to create title waves. I can't wait to see some good element battles...

(Speculation follows):

K-something: Earth
Margery: Probably Void or Electricity (Of course there could be no element affiliation other than those ambiguous pink flames.)
Shana: Fire
Pheles: Wind

Since the crimson lords have western names, I'll assume we'll following Western tradition with the elements--can't wait to see if Johan has an element, and who will be stuck with Shana's opposite--water.
erm.....Johan wouldn't have an element he's a torch, and also the Crimson Lords names are based off Angels, and Demons, so the element affiliations don't have anything to do with western tradition.

Last edited by DeotoxSlayer; 2008-01-03 at 22:01.