View Single Post
Old 2008-01-22, 17:51   Link #17
martino
makes no files now

MP4 does not support softsubs, ok maybe it does, but no device supports the TTXT format. Plus, you're not gaining anything by converting a softsubbed MKV to a softsubbed MP4, in terms of niceness and compatibility. It's just... pointless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salt View Post
It appears to uses FFdshow, so it your mkv has subtitles, you might want to go to FFdshow video decoder options to turn on subtitles and embedded subtitles. The subtitles will end up hardcoded to the resulting MP4 file.
Hopefully not. It should be using VSFilter's rendering, and not FFDShow's which should be used just as the audio/video decoder. That is if it is using DirectShow output for frameserving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garra113 View Post
I have a question about this. Whenever I encode mkv to mp4 files, it will leave me too extract the fansubs and merge them back to the mp4 file. Question #1: Is it possible for a way to merge the Typesetting along with the subtitles into the newly encoded mp4 file? Question #2: If it don't work, then is there like another way for it to see it with typesetting using the fansub group typesetting?
Merge? What do you mean by that... Is that like hadrsubbing it, or converting to TTXT?