View Single Post
Old 2008-05-25, 22:29   Link #275
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Thats actually a bit off.

Never-mind that Zentradi weapons are mostly energy-based, with the sole exception to homing weapons, the VF-22, itself being based on the Queadluun-Rau, is also fitted with energy based weaponry. And it is a mass production model. The Queadluun itself is equipped with twin, tri-barreled particle beam cannon, thus particle weapons in that category can be manufactured.

Moreover, We can assume that Mikhail's sniper rifle is also energy based.

I can only assume the kinetic weapons carry with them some special properties, which cannot be compared to weapons from Macross 1982, and thus allow their deployment en masse.

- Tak
That's strange, how can the energy weapon on a QR tag someone with paint? Holographic paint?

Looking at the performance of the Macross energy weapons against the gunpods, I'd say that the definate advantage is the penetration power of the kinetic weapons. IMO, the armour used is probably better able to protect against beam type weapons than a solid metal slug travelling at supersonic speeds.Of course, the armour used for a VB-6, Vajra red bug and a full armour VF is solid enough to shrug off anything less than a dedicated anti-armour weapon. Case in point is KK using her heavy energy cannon at zero distance and only cracking the armour. Nasty piece of work that bug.

Probably explains why the VF-25 has a energy blade- for situations requiring the use of a can opener without the ensuing nuclear detonation.

Another way would be to deliver an overpowering explosive payload that surpasses the defensive output of the EC armour. A QR is usually guilty of that, but even then it may not work >_<

Considering that Gundams are built first as space based mecha, how about a match up against the Queadluun-Rea/Rau? The QR is also a dedicated space operations mech [next to the fact that there's usually a hot giantess inside that can tear a VF apart with her bare hands ], and I'd put my money down on Zentradi quality for the following reasons.

1. Missile spam- 120 of them.
2. 5 guns for the 'ball of death effect'.
3. High rate of turn and accelleration. Good enough to narrowly spin out of the way of a sweeping beam weapon.

A QR is a close assault weapons platform. It isn't as useful in melee, nuclear delivery or shooting at range which is where a VF does better.
Burner of Anime is offline   Reply With Quote