View Single Post
Old 2012-10-16, 03:59   Link #573
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemisphere View Post
It's true that Brune discriminates archers; what I'm saying is that only Zion has the (absolutely retarded and cowardly) guts to challenge Tigre to a duel. The other nobles would rather belittle, miniscule and ridicule Tigre, while the everyday common man of Brune would eye him with suspicion (allying himself with foreign powers, after all).

EVen with that, Tigre's skill with the bow as well as potential threat is accurately gauged and respected by his Brune enemies who have the sense to look past the set-in-stone discrimination; the first of whom was Roland the Knight of Knights (who believed that Tigre was as much a monster as he was); second was Thenaldie's second-in-command who, after seeing Tigre's ability with the bow in person, decided that Tigre needed to die right then and there even at the cost of his own life. Even Thenaldie recognized Tigre's threat, noting that there was no way he could get so far and so successful (especially during the Muozinel invasion with 10 to 1 odds against him) with just luck and cooperation.

That behavior (the rich treating the poor like dirt) is not present with everyone. First, only Thenaldie, Ganlon as well as their cronies only espouse that notion (the whole treating their civilian population like shit). Thenaldie even has husbands and wives fight each other with swords (and hold betting games as to who would win), while Ganlon likes to torture them with drowning while wearing a mask. For the rest, they're nowhere near as bad; Tigre, for one, treats his people nicely, and so does Odje (his first aristocrat Brune ally).

Second, not everyone can afford to arm their army with knights. Mostly the rich and powerful nobles (like Dukes Thenaldie and Ganlon) have a lot of knights; their "border guards" are all also knights.
that and they pride themselves too much on their armor. now I would like to see their reactions when Tigre 1 hit kills a Brune Knight besides an asshole commander with a modified AP arrow (dunno about his standard quiver of arrows are but since he also hunts, then I guess he may have some incendiary arrows for signal purposes or that fine tip arrows for hunting)
just for the lulz of it.

btw I wonder what Tigre's enemies in Brune would react if the saw him in action unmatched in ranged combat and at the same time having the HVHEAP ability of the black bow.