View Single Post
Old 2013-02-13, 03:56   Link #545
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
This cannot be called the premise. This is after all a harem love comedy series (it's not just about Masuzu and Eita), not a serious love comedy series like Sakurasou or Toradora, so it's a given that any watcher can guess that Masuzu will fall in love with Eita. The only question is 'when'? The theme is 'Shuraba', which is a definite 'result' whenever a harem is involved. The accompanying theme is 'Ji-En-Otsu' (faking, charade, play-acting, lies). And Masuzu and Eita's fake relationship sets up the dynamics for everything.

As to having them acting a little 'dere' towards each other, it is a reasonable behavior considering that they are adolescents who just experienced their first encounters of 'intimacy'. They are moments of 'body-over-mind' at that kind of age. It doesn't mean that their beliefs about love have been completely overturned.
Of course, I know that they would eventually fall in love, I was just under the impression that this whole strong dislike (or just lack of interest) for love which was presented so prominently in the first episode as a strong point in their character would be a key focus and something that they both have to work on overcoming. But it just seems like they have 'forgotten' about it soon after that first episode.

Heck, I'm okay if it's just a one arc thing instead of an overarching plot point, except the first arc was more on the childhood friend. Even the chuunibyou-ism is more prominent

Okay, maybe it's just me and I'm just taking the whole 'Want nothing to do with love' too seriously.

That being said though... Six episodes in and Eita seems to have adopted the 'Araragi Koyomi' School of Resolution to his approach- Victory through getting ass-whooped

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2013-02-13 at 04:07.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote