View Single Post
Old 2007-01-19, 15:54   Link #35
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
Well that was almost a given.
Hidan's fighting style doesn't allow to trad blows or make any mistake. Beating him has to be a flawless victory because if he does so much as scratching you, you are a walking corpse.
A single mistake meaning Shika's death, his plan had to be executed perfectly.
While true, i'm not sure if shika needed to be hurt in order to get that sence of desperation...for instance, in sakura's fight against Sasori you had pretty much the same "can't get hit" deal; even if you took out the few parts where they did get hit, the overall fight would still have a strong sence of desperation... I mean, the thing that really makes it all feel as though shika wasn't desperate was the fact that everything was planned out and that everything went acording to plan... The only thing nessasary to create that sence of desperation would be shika's plans blowing up in his face (pun not intended)... Bascially with shika on the run desperatly trying to make up a plan on the fly. It all helps give the strong sence that shika might not make and even he himself knows it... as opposed to what we got where shika pretty much knew he was gonna make, since it was all planned out... it just all adds more suspence and really give you a sence of how tough that battle truely was... but like i said, i'd rather have an ending with damn good closure first and foremost; which is what that end had...
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote