View Single Post
Old 2013-01-09, 15:52   Link #477
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelation View Post
Hey, would anyone know the process/settings/software Ryukishi used for most of his filtered photos in Umineko?

I tried recreating some for a game I'm working on but I failed miserably at even coming close.
I would actually really like to know this too. I've tried just about every filter in Photoshop and none work, which leads me to presume he wasn't using Photoshop and probably was using a Japanese program with its own filter settings. The photos are clearly edited in some fashion to remove certain objects or text, so I'm wondering if they're not actually "drawn over" in some fashion before filters are applied. I'm almost 100% sure all the rain/night images are just graphical edits to the "day" photos.

If anybody can figure out even an approximation I'd be curious to know. It looks like some manner of light smudge filter combined with a noise filter and that's about as far as I can figure.

Part of the problem is that to get an exact filter comparison I'd need an unedited photograph of the same things Ryukishi had photographed. I'm sure some Japanese Umineko nerds have actually done that in the past (since the houses he used are basically public museums in Tokyo), but I don't know of any.
This story is a redacted confession.

Blog (VN DL) - YouTube Playlists
Battler Solves The Logic Error
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote