Thread: Ratman
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-13, 18:27   Link #78
Velsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post
1. He does train later on, maybe just a few more chapters pass 12

2. Getting beat-up by bullies and not having the strength to do it, makes him less generic than every other series. We don't want a overconfident bastard all the time.

3. Rio will always be physically stronger than the protagonist (human form). Its like comparing a bed ridden lung cancer kid to the the high school basketball ace. Heroism isn't purely relying on power. Have you notice the way the series portray few of the rank A heroes and their motivation toward being a hero? They only want money first, which contradicts being a hero morally.

Secondly this ain't kung-fu series, the majority of the heroes use tech. Not sure why your comparing the protagonist w/o his armor to Rio who has been training and growing up daily with heroes.

Can yo u remind me when the protagonist was giving up being a hero? You might got it the wrong way. He is continuing to be Ratman to project his own ideals of what a hero is.
Hes just gave the watch and stuff back to Crea, and doesnt want to do it anymore. I call that giving up, the going got tough, he lost a battle and now hes given up. Then picks some fights and gets beaten up at school. Not the mentallity I expected from a *true* hero.

Main point with Rio, is that shes putting in effort. Trains, trys hard. Someone whos even not allowed to become a hero, shes doing everthing possible for that dream. Whats he done in the past? Sit around watching videos of heros, reading comic books and dreams all day. Hes got to realize being a hero isnt about puting on a cape and relying on his borrowed power. Or maybe thats just my definition of heros.

I guess after loosing that battle agaisnt a pro hero, hes the type who calls it quits. Crea fairly gave him a chance to legitly pull out of the program. But he didnt take it. Now he quits out of the blue. Guess its not my taste :/

Maybe if he just moped around in depression, it wouldnt of bothered me much (expected after a loss) but the fact he quit doesnt sit well with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
He can't be all talk and dreams when he has already saved people...and Ratman is his own strength, directly related to his S-genes.

Don't think he ever did...
True, he saved the camera person, but then why did he quit? and its borrowed power he got from Jackall. Well thats my understand of it? Its not his own ability.

Last edited by Velsy; 2012-04-13 at 18:40.