View Single Post
Old 2012-01-09, 20:22   Link #1991
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
The game is designed so that if you CAN be disturbed, your character simply refuses to sleep. Think of it like your character knows better than you in terms of when and where is suppose to be safe, because he/she had more senses available than the player.
rofl.... sorry that seems like an extreme rationalization for what was basically a game design simplification. If I sleep for 8/12/24 hrs in a wilderness area campsite, a bear might just amble along. I would expect to have my sleep interrupted. The example I gave in the last post even more extreme (sleeping a short distance from an enemy camp that would very likely be visiting periodically or expecting visits from the camp I killed). That's a behavior simplification.

I'm not complaining and its not a big deal, I was just surprised because in most RPGs, one's sleep gets cut short once in a while. Here, it was just the lone Astrid and her guessing game one time. So the code is obviously available to build possible encounters during sleep - it just wasn't used. So on rare occasion, it gets a little odd.

Last edited by Vexx; 2012-01-09 at 21:08.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote