View Single Post
Old 2009-10-25, 11:08   Link #659
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
More like 20kg. Unless you're talking about tournament armor, which weren't used in actual battle. Lighter than a modern's soldier's kit:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plate_armour#Composition
With that information, I am starting to think that there is little use of that armor, probably as a psychological effect. Plate armor souldn't be so light if it is reinforced, so it must have been used only for deflecting slashes and arrows. A solid spear/halberd or thick-bladed sword could easily perforate the armor. Greatsword wielders like Lansknechts (though they will only exist 1-3 centuries later) could smash that armor with the mass of their swords.

Samurais put alot of trust in their blade and techniques, when fighting straight swords, they deflect the direction of the blade and quickly go in for the kill. When fighting another samurai, they have alot of patience in their dueling, standing on their toes for quite a long time while waiting for their opponent to make a mistake. Effective on 1v1, but in a fast paced battlefield or skirmish they just get ganged easily.

And actually I wonder if Cecily would be better at serving Luke his meals rather than becoming a knight. Heck she is practicing her side slashes just for wielding the katana? There are only a few differences in all the swordplay around the world. I was taught in my martial arts classes when I was younger that there are only three major things affecting the sword-wielding fighter :

1. The opponent
2. The stance
3. The off-hand (if it is still attached to you)

Someone send her to infantry school! But then again, she can get Aria to do all the work for her if she becomes the latter's personal pillow......

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote