View Single Post
Old 2009-08-31, 17:52   Link #17
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakumiFuji View Post
Im starting with 2 1gig video cards because i wont just be playing games but watching movies and surfing at the same time. The hard drives will be an 80 gig ssd for the core functionality, 150 gig raptor for the games, and a pair of 300 gig raptors for anime files and game mods etc.
Most of you haven't read the most important part of my post which is i dont want to overclock this computer. thats the reason for the build using faster performing components.

As for processor choices it will be either the new AMD 3.4ghz Black pro. or a 2.66ghz I7 processor. The ram will be 2 sets of Mushkin 1600DDR3 2x2. The video cards have to support HD/bluray resolutions natively with hdmi plugs built in not with an adapter.
I believe you mentioned something about a budget. Your list is going to throw that right out the window. >_>;;

I still frown at DDR3 at the moment when I suggest builds. These things aren't cheap. You really should wait.

Why would you need two state-of-the-art cards to watch BluRay and surf the web? 1080p is easily handled by most single midrange cards these days.

You don't need those Raptors. 7200rpm is good enough for storing your media. Your game performance isn't going to depend on hard drive speed, and the only thing the RPM changes is how long you're going to wait for things to load once. You're not going to lag hard by having 7200rpm drives. It doesn't happen to me. Promise. Game developers aren't that stupid. Hell, they're not even going to put games on BluRay for PC in 3-4 years, if even that.

Let's do this slowly. Find a motherboard first. I'm serious. It's the most important part of a PC, and it needs to support everything you want to put on it. One that supports everything you just said would be around $250+.
Claies is offline   Reply With Quote