View Single Post
Old 2008-12-05, 21:10   Link #126
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkim224 View Post
In the cave, she again dons Ami-chan and suggests that Takasu needs her. Revealingly, she clearly desperately wants him to need her. She shifts tack and briefly drops the act and directly tells him that he and Minori are not suited.
The sun/moon analogy went a little over my head, but I think Ami was trying to say that Takasu may highly admire Minori, but like her, he is a source of light. (I know, to all you astronomers out there, the moon is only reflecting the light of the sun. But I think such subtleties escaped our charming model.) He is incompatible with another warm personality, but rather should be paired with something shrouded in darkness, like herself (and incidentally, Taiga). Her sudden mention that Takasu would never beat Minori was quite shocking, and hinted at an
awful upbringing Ami may have suffered.
Actually I think this is over the fact that Ryuuji beat her with the piece of tofu after she played her prank on him. And not hinting that she might have suffered any child abuse when she was youger.

As for the whole Ryuuji and Minori are the sun and moon comparison, it's much more likely it's because Ryuuji and Minori are too different and if in a relationshp, Ryuuji will not be able to keep up with Minori.

http://sining83.blogspot.com