View Single Post
Old 2008-02-18, 01:38   Link #82
Muyasuki

I really hated this episode.

Not really the episode itself(I gave it a 10) but for the fact that it caused me to no longer be able to decide on who I liked more between Ai and Noe.

After watching it though, I feel its pretty safe to assume it will be a Hiromi ending . . . unless something unexpected happens.

Nobuse:
Even though I hate the pairing of him and Ai, Nobuse has now officially become one of my favourite characters in this show. He handled his situation with Ai in the best possible way (the only better way that he could of handled it were if he were to have broken up with Ai just as she was about to confess her feelings about Shin). I hope he gets a happy end(but not with Ai). Maybe with Hiromi's basketball friend. . .?

Noe:
Noe MADE this episode. Her facial reactions, voice and attitude were all just win. Too bad that its almost a guarantee that she and Shin will break up(I'm making a prediction of episode 9). Now,it does sound like a bad thing at first but its something that has to happen, just based on how the pretenses of their relationship is. Noe will break up with Shin after think that he is only going out with her because of her brother. Personally, I don't think that is really the case but once she finds out that that that may have been the case, all logic will be gone. What happens after that is anyone's guess.

I'm predicting it right now, the very last scene of this series will be Noe's tear dropping. Either because Shin really wants to be with her or because he chose someone else.

Side Note: If Shin never "broke" up the fight between her and Hiromi, she would have ended up really bad for her. Either she would have lost to Hiromi or she would have been beaten up by the basketball team after beating Hiromi.

Jun:
I still think that he doesn't have a romantic interest in Noe.

If there were a true "villain" in this series, it would be Jun. It especially is made clear in this episode. Just listen to the BGM in his scene with Ai and Shin. He's a great big brother to Noe but is a f***** up person. If it wasn't for the deal between him and Shin, I think that it would be much harder to predict who would win this series. He basically screwed over his sister while trying to help her.

Shin:
. . . I really don't know what to say about him in this episode. He's dense but at the same time, if he wasn't then this series wouldn't be as interesting. His confession to Noe is definitely complicated but I think what he said to himself before was a good sign for their relationship. And the fact that he wrote it out helps too.

Ai:
I'm honestly getting really bad vibes from her now, especially after that last scene (which tied with Noe's blush for the best moment in this episode). She is starting to remind me too much of my favourite character from Ichigo 100%, Satsuki(not personality wise) and I really don't want her to go out the same way that she did.

Ai has clearly become the (likeable) female version of Shin. She has the exact same problem as Shin. Exact. Just replace Hiromi with Shin, Jun with Hiromi, and Noe with Noguse. The situation with her is extremely weird for me, in that I think that the only way that she will truly have a chance to win is if Noguse tries to fix her up with Shin when I think the exact opposite in regards to Noe and Jun.

Side Note: For someone with such little screen time, I really wonder why she gets the best lines. The fact that she "mostly likely" took Shin's first kiss(and most likely her own), is, hopefully a good sign for her.

Hiromi:
Not much to say about her this episode.

I'd say that the rankings for the girls as of this episode are: 60% Hiromi, 25% Noe, 15% Ai. I will be pissed off with a Hiromi ending but would accept it as I like her character. I'll be overjoyed if Noe wins. I will lose a LOT of sleep if Ai wins, simply based on the fact that this would make up for every series where I have ever rooted for the underdog but lost(which was almost every series I have ever watched).