View Single Post
Old 2010-10-15, 05:08   Link #25
Shadow5YA

I'm a bit disappointed that there wasn't a kissing scene in the pool like there was in the manga adaptation, but I'm glad they didn't handle it the same way as the manga. While it makes sense that Ai could have trouble concentrating because she's thinking about Junichi, explicitly making him at fault like the manga did would have placed Junichi in between a rock and a hard place without a clear resolution. If Junichi was made out to be the problem, then I don't see how the anime could have convinced me that he was also her support. I don't even think the manga convinced me, but I didn't mind because the kissing scene was so sweet.

I've been thoroughly satisified with how the anime has handled Ai's story. With how Junichi and Ai grew closer through fairly average events, their relationship feels even more natural and seamless than Junichi and Kaoru turning from friends to lovers.

The first half though, was probably fanservice in my opinion. Ayatsuji as a crying child was foreshadowing her arc, Kaoru was for more cameo eye-candy, and Junichi eating out Ai was more or less an indirect sex/intercourse joke. Of course, it is silly how a haunted house could work on induced hallincinations, because I'm sure anyone who designed that in the real world would get sued. However, I just took it as the same kind of crude humor as the fanservice plagued in Sae's story.