View Single Post
Old 2012-06-18, 09:15   Link #3262
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
I was baptized as Mormon, switched to Protestant and now I'm just somewhere in a pool of mixed religions. My ex was Catholic and I used to go to her Sunday masses as well. Rather than gluing myself to a certain branch of Christianity, I took it more of a learning process. I'm deeply bothered by fellow believers who can't comprehend the bible in their most fluent language. I also feel that some 'devout Christians' have never read the bible.

"Really? Give me a ref # to where it says that. I have it right here, tell me where you got that idea from? Your parents told you? Really?"

I'm not too concerned with details such as what God or the Savior did in the past or looks like. I'm more concerned about why the world is the way it is and what I am supposed to do as a human being in the general picture.

I never make prayers to demand for anything. I don't seek a physical Savior in the living world. There's no need to. If there was really a need, they'd be here.

My impression of God is like a parent with overwhelmingly superior insight and foresight. Just like how you feel badly treated by your parents when they actually love you and try to show you small amounts of pain so that you can become stronger. I feel God is the same but on a much higher level. So I don't expect any eternal peace in the living world. Then we'd be just spoiled protected brats that never gained anything while we were alive.

I am certainly not those "liberal christians' that just follow whatever is convenient to their existing lifestyle.
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote