View Single Post
Old 2013-02-26, 16:17   Link #3067
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Protecting Miyuki are priorities 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6 for Tatsuya. Having her die in _any_ way for _whatever_ reason would turn Tatsuya's story into a tragedy. How would any kind of positive resolution be possible this way?

Sorry. I don't see how this could work out. Having Miyuki die would most likely only lead to Tatsuya running amok against whoever was responsible. And then what?
Read it again. I said she would sacrifice herself for his sake at the end of the story. It's called a bitter-sweet ending, and the alternative is "no resolution" or "incest".

Besides, my point was that saying that Miyuki is more central than Tatsuya is in itself false. Miyuki exists for Tatsuya's sake, modeling every aspect of her character around his preferences and all of her goals are focused on him and him alone.

Tatsuya plans to take revenge on the Yotsuba, which could indirectly harm Miyuki by destroying what upholds her current lifestyle. He's also trying to build that "Sustained Gravity Fusion Reactor" so Magicians are worth something out of combat.

I highly doubt Miyuki will die. But she isn't the main character here, in any sense of the word. Tatsuya is. That was what I was saying.