View Single Post
Old 2008-09-28, 22:42   Link #19
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

If you're willing to watch a 1 guy/2-girl series where there isn't competing but a heck of a lot of drama and pain, Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien is really worth watching. I'll back up the others on that fact.

Kare Kano - manga, definitely. Anime....maybe... I doubt I could ever truly recommend the Kare Kano anime in good conscience because it is such a mangled, sugared up version of one of the best mangas ever done. Hideaki Anno directed the first 13 episodes and then got canned. For good reason...he was still in Evangelion mode and manga-ka Masami Tsuda was getting quite annoyed with where it went. So she didn't allow them to go past Episode 26. So the anime only goes through 1/4 of the manga story and has a very sudden ending with no resultion at all.

It's not the worst thing to watch by any stretch of the imagination. But when you see how several characters were quite altered, especially the females, it's disheartening. The manga is SO worth reading. A great story of two high-school teens who gradually fall in love and every aspect of their life past and present from then on.