View Single Post
Old 2010-06-24, 06:29   Link #26
Kagedanji
Doughy goodness. I think.

This thread REALLY should start with Felix's post to avoid confusion. All of the posts before his talk about Mabinogi: Fantasy Life, and NOT Mabinogi: Heroes/Vindictus. I just hope he wasn't banned because mods thought that he was making a duplicate thread.

Anyway, I'm really extremely excited for this game. I just hope the token system isn't brought over from the Korean version. Right now, in Korea, you can only enter dungeons using tokens, which you only get a set amount of weekly. This really hurts anyone who's a hardcore gamer that enjoys his/her daily online gaming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
Mabinogi is also running on Valve's Source Engine I think. Heroes just has a much more modified version... But there is no known release date. It's not even out in Korea yet.
The original Mabinogi is DEFINITELY NOT running on the Source engine, not even any early version or similar form of it. The Source engine is all about physics, which includes gravity realistically being acted upon every object in-game, objects visually and virtually breaking into pieces, none of which really happen in Mabinogi. They do happen in Mabinogi: Heroes/Vindictus where wooden watchtowers can be destroyed and toppled over, where enemies can be thrown through wooden gates that split into pieces, and where giant stone pillars in the environment can be PICKED UP AND USED TO HIT THINGS WITH.

Last edited by Kagedanji; 2010-06-24 at 07:28.
Kagedanji is offline   Reply With Quote