View Single Post
Old 2012-04-09, 18:42   Link #307
Arya

For the who cares moment, since I remembered as Jin and Yunoha were pictured in ep 14 as Lyra and Aquila (eagle) constellations I dug a bit about that and I found that
Quote:
In the Chinese love story of Qi Xi, Niu Lang (Altair) and his two children (β and γ Aquilae) are separated forever from their wife and mother Zhi Nu (Vega) who is on the far side of the river, the Milky Way.
wiki:Qixi
Or japanese version
Quote:
It celebrates the meeting of the deities Orihime and Hikoboshi (represented by the stars Vega and Altair respectively). According to legend, the Milky Way separates these lovers, and they are allowed to meet only once a year on the seventh day of the seventh lunar month of the lunisolar calendar
wiki:Tanabata
But what I was really looking for in the first plase was something related to the Lupus (wolf) constellation and that what I found is that
Quote:
In ancient times, the constellation was considered an asterism within Centaurus, and was considered to have been an arbitrary animal, killed, or about to be killed, on behalf of, or for, Centaurus. It was not separated from Centaurus until Hipparchus of Bithynia named it Therion (meaning beast) in the 200s BCE. No particular animal was associated with it until the Latin translation of Ptolemy's work identified it with the wolf.
If we dig a bit further about Centaurus we discover that
Quote:
Centaurus contains the Alpha Centauri system, a triple star system consisting of a bright binary star to which the much fainter red dwarf Proxima Centauri is gravitationally bound; Proxima is the nearest known star to the Sun.
Surely they enjoyed themselves making references.
/who cares moment off.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.