View Single Post
Old 2011-11-25, 18:31   Link #54
Kirarakim

Nothing in the actual story said Mario was Himari's fated one. The only reason people thought that is because people jumped the gun seeing his seiyuu listed in the credits in episode 9 I believe.

oh of course Ikuhara was trying to trick the audience there and well the audience fell for it. But storywise, it being one of the brothers makes a lot more sense than Mario who we never even saw interact with Himari (and who also seems much younger than the rest of the cast).

However as for Mario I still think he has a small role to play, perhaps in the next episode when I think we will find out why Kanba is with the Takakura's and not the Natsume's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple R
but he's too passive/reactive and excessively consumed with guilt for me to easily accept him as the hero of the tale.
But that is the point, Shouma cannot be the "hero" of the story until he stops being passive/reactive and consumed with guilt. But I would be very surprised if that is not where the story is leading.

I understand not wanting to wait until the end of the story for this development but I think that is just how it is going to be. Ikuhara was dealing with each character in their turn and Shouma (possibly the most important) was just last.

As for the Penguin Hat=Momoka being a red herring normally I would say it's not but in this case I guess anything is possible with Ikuhara. So yeah until it's said for sure we probably shouldn't jump to conclusions.