Old 2012-03-02, 18:06   Link #1221
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by justpassingby View Post
Regarding the Yacht Club

Spoiler:
Edit:
Hmm. Looks like from BD Vol 3 onward, Matsumoto (LN artist) will provide the Omake.

Back in January, some 2ch posters did agree on the anime take on Marika's character design. She looks more like a high school girl as compared to her novel version and it is suitable for Satou's claim for Marika's character growth. They said novel Marika is too beautiful and adult-like. Though this will probably cause a problem when they adapt vol 3 .
Funny though, that now one of the things that they're discussing is "What is going to be cut down from the novel?" . They also discussed the possibility for Mouretsu Pirates ending (Omedetou Ending, "You've completed the Game" ending, "Her father is the last boss" ending )
Thanks for the info on the Hakuou Academy Space Yacht Club. I suppose I may have compile a list of selected quotes for the Light Novel thread.

Nice to also hear about what 2ch is saying about this series. Is this one of the more talked about shows this season on 2ch? (I can probably imagine that Nisemonogateri and Rinne no Lagrange are talked about a lot).

Quote:
Originally Posted by melange View Post
正統皇女 Seitou Koujyo - literally "legitimate princess" - used to describe both Gruelle and Grunhild, 第七正統皇女 and 第八正統皇女 respectively.
Thanks for clearing up that. I was pretty sure that both Gruelle and Grunhild were legitimate, but that makes me absolutely certain. Makes me wonder when we'll be introduced to little Grunhild.

Quote:
Originally Posted by molitar View Post
Yep I agree go watch Highschool DxD alot of boobs for you. The only thing I want though is realistic dynamics on their clothing.. girls floating around with skirts on and not a panty flash is too unrealistic. If they don't want any panties showing than they should be putting them in shorts, pants, bloomers.. anything but skirts so the dynamics could be kept realistic. One thing that drives me nuts is clothing that seems like they are made of cardboard or something and never seem to move. That is just a cop out method for animation and I believe it's lazy animators that do this for getting around no pantsu at all glimpses.

I had some hope for some realistic dynamics and animation when they showed Chiaki panty flash when she was on the bar stool that one time but than no more as if they got lazy when animating.
You could probably make a case of lazy or inconsistent animators(I did notice Marika's skirt rustle in microgravity during Episode 5) or you could just say yourself that they have advanced technology that prevents unwanted panty flashing or you just imagine they utilize the low-tech solution of wearing shorts under their skirts for all club activities that take place in microgravity. Since the girls of the Space Yacht Club were doing a school activity, they had to still wear their school uniforms and I doubt the school does preferial treatment for their clubs regarding the dress code. So basically, advanced technology or shorts under their skirts.

Somehow I think this issue probably has been done to death on the ANN forums already.
AbZeroNow is offline   Reply With Quote