View Single Post
Old 2012-09-09, 15:57   Link #2764
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by yegg
A few months ago we tried an experiment of removing the Elo penalty for dodging ranked games. In general I think everyone is happy with the results, with a couple notable exceptions:

1. Some players are dodging whenever they perceive that the other team has a stronger composition, with the goal of increasing their Elo through only playing when they have an advantage.

2. There's been an increase of what I'll call "queue dodge trolling", where a player will choose their champion and/or summoner spells in an effort to upset their teammates and get someone else to dodge for them.

Due to these, it can take a frustrating amount of time to get through champion select and into a game, especially at higher Elo ratings. We feel your pain on this issue, and in fact, many Rioters play at high Elos where these behaviors are the most common.

So, where does that leave us now? We're currently evaluating long term plans for further updating the penalty in order to discourage some of the more frivolous dodging. And in the short term, we'll be analyzing all of our queue dodge data for matchmade games and issuing warnings or temporary bans to players who are abusing it excessively.

If you've dodged a few times due to the occasional troll, you don't need to worry. We will only be targeting the worst offenders, both in terms of dodging and in terms of trolling to force others to dodge. This will be happening sometime in the next week.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...9#post29099119

Considering the amount of trolls forcing people to dodge these days, I am happy about this.
MAL

Last edited by Kotohono; 2012-09-09 at 16:23.
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote