View Single Post
Old 2007-01-31, 01:21   Link #61
nekokaburi

i knew there's a good reason i'll never get pay tv...

i'd say you're right when it comes to mostly shonen anime getting on tv... DBZ has been on and off tv in australia now for a few years... and most of the stuff shown on SBS has been your typical action shows (eva, akira etc..). so i highly doubt a show like rozen maiden would ever get on tv...

it's too confusing for the 'sheep*' to understand... ("i mean, it's a cartoon, so it must be a show for children, oh look at her, she's so cute... wha...?! why did she just beat the crap out of that other girl... oh my god this show is not good for kids to watch, so i'm going to ring up the tv station and have it banned... and then i'm going to patition the government to have it banned on dvd in this country too... and then i'm gonna start a campaign to ban every other 'anime' show in this country, since they're all works of the devil, and people who watch it will surely go to hell... and we must save people from this horrible fate, by turning them into god fearing bible bashers who protest at soldiers funerals...".... .... .... the sad thing is, this is how some people think... ... )

*sheep:- 1.a wooly thing, with a leg in each corner, that eats grass and sez "baaah" alot 2. the general population of any given country, who are simply content to follow the rest of the 'herd' when it comes to things like driving and watching tv 3. someone who's afraid of not conforming to what society dictates.