View Single Post
Old 2011-05-08, 14:54   Link #35
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

This episode is a very nice step up from episodes 3-5. I think I'm almost able to say that this show returning to form. 8/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
It was another good episode but i wonder now where this show is really going. It's okay to spend a few episodes on one episode stories but I'd like to see more of an overall plot soon. The first quarter has already passed and it looks like the next one will be another one episode story aswell.

And unfortunately if there IS an overall plot then it might the the very one plot I didn't want: a love triangle between Ohana, Jirou and Minchi. Yet another hint gievn that Jirou is taking a real interest in Ohana this episode.
The overall plot has been and always will be Ohana growing accustomed to her new live in the inn, learning the value of hard work, and connecting to the people around her. A love triangle is possible, but I wouldn't really consider that an overall plot, but more of an another challenge to Ohana in trying to fit in with her new community, and bridge the gap between her and Minko.

That said, I do think the show broke its flow a bit in episode 3 and 5. Episodes 1-2, 4, and 6 seem to be more in line with the narrative and flow of the story.