View Single Post
Old 2011-09-30, 10:24   Link #116
-Antares-
Nope.
*Fansubber

I've never understood how talking about your problems is supposed to help. It didn't work for me. Talking couldn't do anything to fix the problems that caused the depression. Therapy didn't do anything, either. Maybe I was just one of those exceptions.

Despite having been depressed in the past (or not? I really have no clue with how antidepressants affected me) I have no idea how one gets out of it. I was put on antidepressants which made me more suicidal, violent, act extremely hateful towards my closest friends and family, made people think I had bipolar disorder... This all fixed itself when I stopped taking them, but left a residual effect of sorts where I just... don't really genuinely care about anyone other than myself. I can empathize, but I feel like my emotions as a reaction of empathy are faked, I guess? I've never made close friends after I was on antidepressants, and all my former close friends are no longer in contact with me. I don't feel like I'll be that sad if a family member or friend dies or just stops talking to me. Actually, if people didn't go out of their way to talk to me I would probably stop communicating with them entirely. I just can't care enough to actively reach out to people anymore. It's like I'm only a few steps away from being a psychopath, or something similar.

And since I'm on that subject, I also know someone who fought with SSRI withdrawal syndrome for years. My suggestion to anyone, just to be on the safe side, is to not take antidepressants. I know they work really well for some people, but how are you supposed to know which group you'll fall into?

You people don't actually talk to each other, do you? No way you could be this dysfunctional as a team and contradict each other if you did. Power trips not appreciated regardless.
-Antares- is offline   Reply With Quote