View Single Post
Old 2006-01-13, 17:28   Link #28
Diodati
The very united ACROSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by lone_wolf
No Bandai just outsources to dubbing studios in the Los Angeles area like Animazement or Gaijin Studios (Amanda Winn's new studio) for example, so it's out of Bandai's hands when it comes to selecting voices. So if Shizuru's voice doesn't quite come out *up to par* then Animazement is who you would bomb.

--Lone Wolf
I can tell you've thought about this enough to know who the right people are to bomb. I'll bomb anyone involved at any level heh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceTrick
The dub for ROD the TV had at least three British actors (two English and one Irish, I think). But that particular show was unusually good in its treatment, and it was done by Geneon.
Really?! Well Ireland isn't a part of Britain unless it was a Northern-Irish VA...but either way this makes my little English-self quite 'appy. They were native-born?...*intrigued*

Why did they cast two Brits and one Irish person? I've only seen the ROD oav not the TV series - obviously something about the characters voices/accents/origin compelled them to?

EDIT: Hang on a minute...*muses*...I remember something being afoot in those British Library scenes...