View Single Post
Old 2008-06-15, 00:17   Link #28
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Sunrise makes sense seeing as it's Namco Bandai and with them at the helm there's a chance it might actually be good unlike the last 2. Though I have this unsettling feeling they're going to try and add mecha to it somehow.

Production I.G might also make sense since they did the animation for the in game cutscenes, but I thought those cutscenes kind of sucked to be perfectly honest. Especially the one during the Binah war with the people that looked like smeared water colour pantings swirling around in a mass of blurry colour. I'm sorry but Production I.G does not do it for me like it does for others.

Two things to make this good:

1) Make it longer then 4 episodes because that way the narrative doesn't jump around constantly, though it being a Sunrise series that might happen anyway, though not as much in a timeskip fashion so much as a hopping between locations fashion.

2) Maybe try and do like Tales of Eternia where it's actually a side story to the game events. Eternia rocked in that regard because that way it wasn't all stuff we'd seen before and we got to see a new story with all our favourite characters. Again this being a Sunrise series there's a good chance we'll get a fresh take on the Tales of The Abyss series (nods to Xenoglossia), but not a guarantee.

Either way it's a studio I actually have a lot of respect and trust for so I'm actually somewhat interested in this now whereas before I just expected to brush it off in the next few days.

Interesting story, I've been on a Tales of The Abyss binge recently and it's possibly I may have caused this with that fluke that always seems to happen where if I become deeply involved in a game it either get's a sequel, remake or anime adaptation in the near future. Same goes for when I listen to a song on my own that never gets radio play anymore and it will be played on the radio somewhere the next day.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2008-06-15 at 00:36.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote